“Wait, but what am I supposed to wear?” Have you ever received an invitation to an event and wondered that very question? We’ve all seen the movie plots where someone underdresses for a very formal occasion AND more times than not, that very plot finds its way into our own lives. So much of social anxiety starts with the invitation. When too little information is given or information is misunderstood, it leaves us wondering what is expected of us.
In this episode, we invited Outfit Formulas creator, Alison Lumbatis, to help us define six types of dress codes and give you clear, attainable formulas for each one!
- How “Yoga pants mom rut” led Alison to a profound understanding of the importance of getting dressed.
- What is Outfit Formulas, and what is it that led 100,000+ members to join.
- Defining and understanding what is expected through:
- Smart casual – swings casual
- Business casual – swings formal
- Business professional attire
- Cocktail – balance between formal and casual
- What is a capsule wardrobe? How to create one and why they help.
- Notes to those who feel they are limited with personal style due to finances.
- Personal Style: How to find yours and how it helps you be a more confident host!
Through all we do, our hope is to make gatherings filled with less anxiety and more confidence getting to the table. This conversation will leave you feeling inspired, understood, and ready to take on your next invitation dress code with ease.
Here is my affiliate link to the Closet Staples Casual Capsule Wardrobe Builder. The $10 off code MAKINGROOM is active now and valid until July 31, 2022.
Alison’s book is available for purchase at Target and Amazon.