Do you take time to celebrate everyday? Truthfully, I don’t! I find myself falling in this 1 or 100, black or white type mentality and I end up missing so many reasons to stop, pause, and celebrate every day! Today’s conversation gave me more than a fresh perspective on every calibration though, it opened my eyes to a conversation much deeper. As I read through the book Everyday Grand by today’s guest, Jocelyn Delk Adams, I came to pick up on stories that talked about the connection of food, culture and race. In our country right now while there are conversations happening about diversity and race, very few are connected to food…which meant I HAD to explore it.
Through this drool-worthy and insightful conversation with our joy filled guest you will hear topics such as:
- How to connect each recipe to an everyday celebration, and find more reasons to celebrate
- How to rewrite the ways we look at failure, learn to embrace and celebrate it
- How to talk about our experience with foods from other cultures as we try them.
- The risk of losing the heart of cooking, time spent recipe developing and being in the kitchen with family
- The incredibly eye-opening conversation of the connection between food and cultural appropriation
If you like food, and like to smile, this conversation is for YOU (So basically…everyone!). Our guest today not only has an incredibly accomplished career, but more than that, she is relatable, so kind and someone I know we’d all be instant friends with!
Get your copy of Everyday Grand HERE!
Follow Jocelyn @grandbabycakes
and through her website here!
This episode was sponsored by:
Visit Goodranchers.com/Gather to get a year of bacon with your subscription and $20 off your first order with GATHER
Get your own Convokins for 15% off at Cotierbrand.com using code Gather15