Self-care is one of the loudest messages our culture is screaming at us right now. With products, ideas, food, and marketing all created with this end goal in mind, is it possible this may be leading us to an unexpected end result? I have been following Primally Pure, a non-toxic skincare line, for years! A few weeks ago, I heard the owner, Bethany McDaniel, share a unique spin on this topic and it caught my attention. She discussed the difference between self-care, self-love, and self-health along with the cautions and truths behind each of them. Helping to reframe the way we approach these topics in culture, Bethany focuses on:
- The definition of and differentiation between self-care, self-love, and self-health.
- The warning signs that we may be off-balance and need to change our approach.
- Self-health: what it means and how to implement it.
- Gua Sha Stones: what they are, their benefits, and how to use them (P.S. I’m hooked!)
- What’s coming for Primally Pure and clean beauty tell-all.
I have always loved the one liner, “I don’t know what I don’t know.” I am so grateful for the way Bethany spoke into this and challenged me to shift my focus to caring for myself in a way that holds long term benefits. So many of us are looking for some relief from the hustle. My hope is that this conversation brings you encouragement and hope that with a few simple changes, that is not far away.
Try some of the products we referenced in this episode from Primally Pure here with code GATHER for 15% off!