During the holidays we so often are surrounded by people but….are we connecting to them? Hot chocolate, table scapes filled with food, what if we realized that with a few simple changes we can leave the holidays not just feeling full BUT also, connected? So quickly we can find ourselves tossed in the shuffle of shallow conversation, ‘how’s the weather’ small talk, and in some cases asking yourself…’wait, are they being nosey or sincere?’. I invited our friend Kobe Cambpell to walk us through some eye opening shifts we can take for relationships sake (see the holiday spin I put on that? Ok good!)
- The difference between curiosity and nosiness
- How curiosity allows people to feel seen
- Relationship building conversation starters to replace small talk
- What small talk is, and why it’s so common
- What to ask and how to engage with the younger generations at the table
So often we fall into patterns of ‘it will always be this way.’ What if we took the step to be that change? It’s possible, it’s not as hard as you think it is, and with a few changes, your holidays can lead to deeper connection throughout the year!
Visit our sponsor VOCHILL for the perfect gift this season!
Take 15% off with code Gather-15