It seems as though as time goes on, the divide between the older and younger generation gets stronger. The older generation is becoming increasingly frustrated with the behavior and trends that the younger generation expresses, and the younger generation feels disconnected and distant from the older generation. We hear comments all the time like ” Millennials always do ________” or “Boomers always ________”. I realized that it was time to stop and take some time to really understand who makes up each of the generations along with what they long for in community and at the table.
Through this powerful conversation with our friends Micah and Josiah Kennealy, we will touch on:
* What characterizes each generation
* The importance of generational diversity in our lives
* False judgements or assumptions about each generation and the truth behind them
* How to approach phones and the conversation around them at our gatherings
*The danger of too much joking at our table
* How to restore honor and humility as we learn and embrace change between younger and older generations
Truthfully no matter your age or background, this conversation will leave you challenged and with a further depth of readiness and understanding. The conversation has the ability to truly change everything about the way we gather.
I was living in Thailand, longed for community, starting opening my door and filling my table. Now I’m living ‘charcuterie’ as a way of life and teaching what I learned about living intentionally everyday.
share the love
Understanding each generation at the table w/ Josiah and Micah Kennealy