Kids, food, and hospitality have become a trio that leaves both parents and hosts with angst and uncertainty. While we all dream of community dinners, smooth meals at guest homes, and kids that happily eat ALL of everything they are served, we know that is rarely the reality. As with parenting culture in general, people are quick to throw advice around, yet few are actually experts on helping you see change and bringing peace back to meal time! For years I have been following Jennifer, from Kids Eat in Color. She has a way of walking parents and caretakers through the battlefield of picky eaters through her own experience and research. With resources on everything from approaching new foods to managing mealtime meltdowns, she has created a well-loved, impactful platform with the goal of helping you and your child approach the table with more confidence. Through this rich conversation with you in mind, you will hear Jennifer discuss:
- The way she approached picky eating and new food groups with her son who was falling off the growth charts.
- 11 expert tips for picky eaters that you can implement today!
- Ways she would suggest parents help their kids with meals in advance before they even get to a guest table, to help make the process smooth.
- Advice for a host who is preparing a meal for families with kids.
- How to manage mealtime meltdowns and tantrums.
- Recipes and fresh food ideas for parents in a recipe rut.
- Encouragement to the family of young kids longing for community.
Jennifer shares so beautifully in this episode about her own experiences with hospitality as a mom of young children, as well as the stages of working with her own picky eaters. Coming from a place of both personal and professional experience, this episode will leave you feeling like you are understood, not alone, and have actionable techniques to start using today!
Visit Kids Eat in Color’s Website Here
Follow them on instagram at @kidseatincolor
Visit This Episodes Sponsors
Save 15% on conversation napkins at Cotier w/ code Gather15 through their website here!
Reeds: Shop Ginger Ale and Reeds full drink collection at your local store or through their website here for 15% off with code GATHERGINGER.