Renovations and home building always seem a whole lot more glamorous when we’re watching them on TV. However, when it comes time to embark on a project like that ourselves, that’s an entirely different story. From excitement and big dreams, to surprises and messes, renovations and custom builds can seem like a daunting undertaking, but …it doesn’t have to. We invited Kirsten Erickson from Alma Homes onto the show to talk through how to survive your renovation process and make sure the end result reflects your family well! Here are some of the highlights you can look forward to:
- As a kid, how Kirsten found herself playing with design software instead of other common computer games.
- The trial and error process of learning her personal design style, and how you can too.
- How to prepare in order to make the renovation process run smoothly.
- Finding a contractor: red flags and must-haves.
- How to ensure that your renovations reflect your family’s lifestyle and story.
- Living in the house in the midst of renovations – a survival guide.
Alma Homes is actively working to create resources, classes, and more to give you confidence and peace of mind as you approach these projects in your own space. This conversation is unlike any other you’ve heard on this topic, I’m sure of it! One of our main heartbeats at Gather is that your home is an extension of YOU and one you are confident welcoming others into. Kirsten gives just the inspiration you need to take steps to do just that!
If interested in building a home or building a business, check out their courses!