Stacey Morgan prepared, as much as she could, to send her husband into space. Alongside members of the NASA community, her kids, and the world, her husband took off, leaving her with the sheer reality that this could be the most celebratory season of her life, or the most tragic. Through this striking reality, she was left to question, ‘Where does my hope rest?’ As weeks went by, she faced parts of life that many of us aren’t forced to face in a lifetime. As she wrestled through community, fear, hope, and friendship, she came upon some truths that we will dive into through our awe-inspiring conversation today:
- “If we don’t make an active decision to choose hope, our default will always be fear.”
- How to actively choose hope over fear.
- ‘Bologna’s on sale friends’: Who they are and why they’re important.
- How to support friends in crisis through community.
- What Stacey learned about the importance of saying no, and how you can too!
There are certain conversations that grip your heart and speak to places in your life where you didn’t know you needed reminders of encouragement and truth. This was one of those conversations for me! Unlike any conversation we’ve had on the show so far, this conversation will leave you both intrigued and inspired. My hope is that you will finish listening to this episode, inspired that friendship and hope can start with you and what a beautiful thing it is!
To get more wisdom from Stacey and hear the rest of her story, be sure to read her new book, The Astronaut’s Wife.